The following Covenant is to read annually at a service by all members present.
Realizing my guilt before God, I have confessed my sin to Him and received the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and Lord; and having been baptized in obedience to our Lord’s command, I joyfully and solemnly join in covenant with Thistletown Baptist Church, on whom the call of God rests to witness to His grace and truth.
As I acknowledge Jesus Christ as Saviour, with His help I will seek to bring every phase of my life under His Lordship, promising to give Him priority in all the affairs of my life and that of the Church. I will seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.
In respect to Fellowship, I recognize my responsibility
- to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace for the sake of the testimony of Jesus Christ,
- to love my brothers and sisters,
- to watch over and pray for each other,
- to aid in sickness and distress,
- to be slow to take offence and slow to anger,
- to make reconciliation an everyday priority,
- to be concerned and accountable to one another,
- to avoid backbiting and jealousy.
In respect to Ministry, I recognize the function of this Church is
- to glorify God in adoration and sacrificial service,
- to exercise my God-given gifts to serve and edify for the common good,
- to pray regularly for the work and the workers of this Church,
- to be missionaries of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the world.
In respect to Stewardship, I accept the responsibility to make God the total owner of my life, time, and resources. Since He is a lavish giver, I, too, shall be lavish and cheerful in regular giving
- to the financial support of the ministry of this Church,
- to relieve the poor,
- to spread the gospel at home and abroad.
In respect to my Personal Life, I recognize my responsibility
- to teach, model and disciple my family in a godly relationship,
- to be Christ-led in every relationship with my fellow man regardless of race, colour, creed or sex,
- to be separate from the world regarding what I seek, what I admire, what I do, and what I say,
- to demonstrate to my neighbours the presence of God in my life,
- to live morally clean, knowing that my body is the residence of the Holy Spirit.
Also, I pray that it might be said of this fellowship as it was said of the early church: “it was strengthened; and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it grew in numbers, living in fear of the Lord.”